The statewide DEI Steering Committee established two goals to guide our DEI work:
- Implement equitable practices to ensure educators of color have opportunity and support in advancing.
- Review standard policies and operational procedures using an antiracist rubric.
Three immediate priorities the organization has adopted are the following:
- Diversify search committees. Diversity in Search Committees” is one work product from the DEI workgroups. https://ccccio.org/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
- Ensure diverse applicant pools in hiring.
- Develop a year-long academy for deans and future deans of color.
In pursuit of these three priorities, the CIOs are working on the tasks noted below. Please contact the Strategy Lead noted below for more information or to participate in this project. For general questions regarding the CCCCIO’s involvement in promoting the DEI Implementation Plan, please contact David Williams.
|Task Group||Task Synopsis||CIO Strategy Lead||College||CIO Region|
|1||Diversify representation in search committees.||David Williams||Solano College||2||David.Williams@solano.edu|
|2||Host open houses for prospective candidates with panels of current faculty and deans.||Christina Tafoya||Imperial Valley Collegeemail@example.com|
|3||Use data to understand present and future local workforce needs.||Carlos Lopez||Moreno Valley College||9||Carlos.Lopez@mvc.edu|
|4||Implement innovative hiring and outreach practices focused on diversity such as advertising faculty openings in websites, publications, professional associations in specific disciplines, and other groups targeted towards underrepresented academic communities.||Monica Chahal||Clovis Community Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Encourage and facilitate dialogue between ASCCC, Administration, and HR to establish a diversity component in faculty evaluations.||Omar Torres||College of the Canyons||6||Omar.Torres@canyons.edu|
|6||Conduct exit interviews of faculty who leave.||Lorrie Ranck||De Anza Collegeemail@example.com|
|7||Develop a year-long academy for deans of color to prepare for promotion to CIO positions.|
|Christopher McDonald||Irvine Valley Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org|